Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Some FNG and hopefully not so FNG questions.
#20
20" barrel was 2450 FPS
18" barrel is 2400 FPS

Used the blue locktite "extension bedding" technique.
shooting just over 1/2" now at 100 yards (5 shots groups)
but there appears to be some parallax in the group so I'm going to throw on another optic for my next range trip to see what the rifle can do.
Same factory Hornady black ammo,
.255 seems to still be accurate for the BC, 4.5 mils was my correction at 550 yards.
And it looks like I was able to eliminate the vertical stringing as well as the mystery .5 mil change in elevation after several rounds fired.

I'm feeling much better now. I'll take .55 MOA with factory ammo any day of the week!

Thanks for all the imput! This build came together very well based on your help.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Some FNG and hopefully not so FNG questions. - by Jaggy13 - 11-13-2017, 02:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)