11-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Sticks Wrote:I'm pretty sure the 5.56 extractor and the 7.62x39 / 6.5 Grendel have different circumferences. That is why your extractor is ripping the case rim apart.
Gotta have the right extractor.
I have the correct 7.62x39 extractor, did not matter. The 5.56 was swapped in to see if if anything would change.
bj139 Wrote:How much do you think a gunsmith would charge to diagnose the problem?
He could check headspace and determine if it is correct.
No idea, I looked into purchasing the go, no go gauges myself just haven't done it yet. I haven't heard of any gunsmiths in my area that are decent to help with the issue.
grayfox Wrote:I went back to look at BJ's pics and your pics of bolt/extractor... and I see what BJ is talking about, it's like the extractor collapses farther in radially towards the pin. Also, and here I'm not totally sure but is the extr a bit too short length-wise? as in, it seems to not extend fwd to the front of the bolt face-pin surface, is that the case? Finally, what about the groove does its bottom align with the bolt face, seems as though it might not match dimensionally there...
None of my bolts are the 0.125 sort, all 0.136, so I don't have any to personally examine.
I'm sorry I was totally unable to gather what you were asking.
rabiddawg Wrote:Things typically dont constrict when they heat up.
I know its difficult to put into words what I mean, and know that is not what happens. It was the best way I could put it into words to how things happen. The first 10 round or so typically extract and eject fine. After that its a crap shoot.
I am fixing to be using a 9 oz buffer for my work sbr/suppressed rifle, and may try that buffer in my gun to see if it could be buffer related.

