11-05-2017, 02:08 PM
These replies are why I gave the MBT a try. I thought maybe it'll work for me and if it does great! I may be able to save a few bucks replacing the other three i want to replace.
I'm in complete agreement with for the price it's a good trigger and it'll work well. It would just work without a problem. But using that logic, I could have just bought a rifle out of the box that would have cost me far less in time and money. It to would just work. Do I want to spend the most? No, but I'm not looking to spend the least either.
Us being spoiled is very true. I'm a prime example. I'm looking and trying a bunch of triggers to find what works and fits best for me, for my purpose in this particular set of firearms. I don't hunt with my rifles, but I don't want a trigger with the lightest pull possible either. That's one of the reasons I haven't bought a HSNM yet.
I could take the time and get used to the MBT, but then again that can be done with any trigger. I've used standard from I don't know how many companies, RRA, Armalite, KAC, Geissele, ATC with the various flavors from them when available. The SSA-E was great. Then thought i wanted to try a flat trigger. Got rid of the SSA-E and got an SD-E... the SD-E, it's up for sale. Didn't like the flat trigger that much.
This is the reason I say I'll get rid of something. Having dozens of parts sitting in my boxes is a waste when I could sell them off and someone else gets a deal on something they are looking for and will work for them.
On another site I stated the trigger was typical LaRue. A lot of thought and work was put into it, making it a really nice piece. I don't modify, change parts or try to tweak components. The rifles themselves are that way already since they are built. If I have to change anything, then it is not as designed by the engineer(s). Yes each design is a compromise, but there may be one of those compromise out there that fits what I'm looking for more closely. I wouldn't take a supercharger meant to bolt on to a new Camaro and modify it with the expectation of it functioning as well or as long as it came from the manufacturer. Would it function better, maybe for a period of time. I own neither by the way.
Should i decided to get rid of this trigger, it'll go as it came. In its tin, with its springs (one still tagged), in the foam and with its instructions since I try to keep everything.The only thing different, it'll have a few rounds of use and i will lose some money for having tried it.
The MBT is a nice trigger. For a $125 it's well worth it. Material, workmanship and function are there making it a good deal for that price.
Is it perfect for everything and anything anyone is looking for including me? That's subjective.
Now if asked if a KAC is worth several hundred. Not in the least. Would it work, yes. Will it last, probably not. I would not buy another of those even for $125.
I'm in complete agreement with for the price it's a good trigger and it'll work well. It would just work without a problem. But using that logic, I could have just bought a rifle out of the box that would have cost me far less in time and money. It to would just work. Do I want to spend the most? No, but I'm not looking to spend the least either.
Us being spoiled is very true. I'm a prime example. I'm looking and trying a bunch of triggers to find what works and fits best for me, for my purpose in this particular set of firearms. I don't hunt with my rifles, but I don't want a trigger with the lightest pull possible either. That's one of the reasons I haven't bought a HSNM yet.
I could take the time and get used to the MBT, but then again that can be done with any trigger. I've used standard from I don't know how many companies, RRA, Armalite, KAC, Geissele, ATC with the various flavors from them when available. The SSA-E was great. Then thought i wanted to try a flat trigger. Got rid of the SSA-E and got an SD-E... the SD-E, it's up for sale. Didn't like the flat trigger that much.
This is the reason I say I'll get rid of something. Having dozens of parts sitting in my boxes is a waste when I could sell them off and someone else gets a deal on something they are looking for and will work for them.
On another site I stated the trigger was typical LaRue. A lot of thought and work was put into it, making it a really nice piece. I don't modify, change parts or try to tweak components. The rifles themselves are that way already since they are built. If I have to change anything, then it is not as designed by the engineer(s). Yes each design is a compromise, but there may be one of those compromise out there that fits what I'm looking for more closely. I wouldn't take a supercharger meant to bolt on to a new Camaro and modify it with the expectation of it functioning as well or as long as it came from the manufacturer. Would it function better, maybe for a period of time. I own neither by the way.
Should i decided to get rid of this trigger, it'll go as it came. In its tin, with its springs (one still tagged), in the foam and with its instructions since I try to keep everything.The only thing different, it'll have a few rounds of use and i will lose some money for having tried it.
The MBT is a nice trigger. For a $125 it's well worth it. Material, workmanship and function are there making it a good deal for that price.
Is it perfect for everything and anything anyone is looking for including me? That's subjective.
Now if asked if a KAC is worth several hundred. Not in the least. Would it work, yes. Will it last, probably not. I would not buy another of those even for $125.

