11-05-2017, 06:16 AM
I've used most of the after-market single and 2-stage triggers for the AR15/AR10.
In all my Grendels, I have 1 Geissele SSA, 3 MBT-2Ss, a JP single stage with bobbed hammer, a RRA 2-stage, and some polished rack-grade triggers.
I also have a Geissele Hi-Speed National Match sample.
The Geissele Hi-Speed National Match trigger you have to be careful with coming off an SSA or MBT-2S, it is extremely light. I wouldn't ever put it in a dual-purpose hunting rifle personally.
We're so spoiled with triggers nowadays, it isn't even funny. There's a trigger avalanche still snowballing into a new generation with the new wave of after-market, high cost Fire Control Groups, that it's hard to keep up with.
For my needs, the MBT-2S does a great job, as does the SSA. I shoot gloved a lot, especially in my courses, so a lighter trigger could be a liability with gloves.
For bare-handed NRA matches, I can see why people love the Hi-Speed NM trigger.
In all my Grendels, I have 1 Geissele SSA, 3 MBT-2Ss, a JP single stage with bobbed hammer, a RRA 2-stage, and some polished rack-grade triggers.
I also have a Geissele Hi-Speed National Match sample.
The Geissele Hi-Speed National Match trigger you have to be careful with coming off an SSA or MBT-2S, it is extremely light. I wouldn't ever put it in a dual-purpose hunting rifle personally.
We're so spoiled with triggers nowadays, it isn't even funny. There's a trigger avalanche still snowballing into a new generation with the new wave of after-market, high cost Fire Control Groups, that it's hard to keep up with.
For my needs, the MBT-2S does a great job, as does the SSA. I shoot gloved a lot, especially in my courses, so a lighter trigger could be a liability with gloves.
For bare-handed NRA matches, I can see why people love the Hi-Speed NM trigger.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
