Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Good day at the range. BCA 20” stainless steel 1:8 to 600 yards.
#8
usmcm16a2 Wrote:So after doing the initial 100 yard zero. I took shots out to 600 on various steel targets. 200 was 2.3 MOA, 300 yards was 5 MOA, 400 yards was 9.1 MOA up, 500 13.4 MOA, finally 600 was 17 MOA. It was so much fun, I shot pig silhouettes, rounds that were from 9 inches at 300,to 16 inches at 400.
It is amazing out to 600 yards, the power that the Grendel imparts to a silhouette. It just smacks it, and to watch the target hit dead center and shudder. Nothing like it.
You like it at 600 yards, you'll love it at 1000. Your holdover will be about 38 MOA, and your energy with a 123 gr will be around 430 ft-lb, (~1256 fps). About what a .40 cal pistol has at the muzzle, or thereabouts, with 155 grain. I've got to try some of the ELD's; I still have about 400 hundred 123 AMAX left, and maybe 150 SMK 123's. I like the SMK's a lot, except they're more expensive. I get about 2" less drop at 1000 yards with them than the AMAX, with the same powder load. I'm using AA brass, 31.5 gr CFE-223 and WSR primers. I get 2640 fps MV (20" barrel 1:8 twist). Generally, I can get 7-8/10 hits on a 18x18" plate at 1000 yards, and have hit as far as 1125.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Good day at the range. BCA 20” stainless steel 1:8 to 600 yards. - by Cockednlocked - 11-03-2017, 02:50 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)