Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor.
#21
K280 Wrote:I like my grendel, but for shooting PRS style matches in Kansas, I went .260 and now it has a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel (actually 2, but that's another story). I shot 3 matches with the grendel and realized that a 130 or 140 doing 2700-2800 was a better option. ...

Agreed, 2800 FPS with a BC of .7+ and 140+ grains does make things easier. a 1.5 MOA steel plate at 500 yards is a 15mph wind plate. Hard to miss.

I however am happy with the challenge, and am striving to get the recognition for the Grendel at a couple of monthly shoots. Handicapped to hell and back with a gas gun, and under powered compared to the rest of the shooters (all bolt guys), but I am working on it.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by Kilco - 10-18-2017, 03:38 AM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by Klem - 10-18-2017, 04:07 AM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by kmon - 10-18-2017, 05:32 AM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by saturn - 10-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by Bruw - 10-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by K280 - 10-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by PVBoom - 10-24-2017, 09:54 AM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by Sticks - 10-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Why I am saying bye to 6.5 Creedmoor. - by saturn - 10-19-2017, 02:35 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)