10-23-2017, 01:37 AM
got the stick out today and it shot decent with the "Black" ammo
I was able to get about .8 moa at 100 but it was vertically stringing a little more than I would have expected.
Suppressed and unsuppressed were similar groups.
I only had time for about 30 shots, so I will give it a few more chances before I do anything drastic.
I was also able to get some good hits on an 8" piece of steel at 550 yards, allowing to reverse engineer the BC given my muzzle velocity. (2424 -2860 FPS)
When I get some long range practice in, I'll stretch it out and really fine tune the BC.
I got back to back hits dead center then missed the next 3 shots .5 mil low. That's where the head scratching started.
I wasn't on a hot barrel or anything.
That's where I ran out of time, going from acceptable to I may want to work up a load now and find the accuracy node.
But I will continue to break it in and see if it mellows out. I'm pretty close though. I think if it shot .5 MOA I may not bother trying to load for it.
My overall impression is very positive. I went with an adjustable gas block which is huge for the suppressor. I tuned it just lock the bolt back without and it tames the recoil considerably.
I recommend that for anyone in the market.
Thanks for the help fellas, I'll keep ya posted!
I was able to get about .8 moa at 100 but it was vertically stringing a little more than I would have expected.
Suppressed and unsuppressed were similar groups.
I only had time for about 30 shots, so I will give it a few more chances before I do anything drastic.
I was also able to get some good hits on an 8" piece of steel at 550 yards, allowing to reverse engineer the BC given my muzzle velocity. (2424 -2860 FPS)
When I get some long range practice in, I'll stretch it out and really fine tune the BC.
I got back to back hits dead center then missed the next 3 shots .5 mil low. That's where the head scratching started.
I wasn't on a hot barrel or anything.
That's where I ran out of time, going from acceptable to I may want to work up a load now and find the accuracy node.
But I will continue to break it in and see if it mellows out. I'm pretty close though. I think if it shot .5 MOA I may not bother trying to load for it.
My overall impression is very positive. I went with an adjustable gas block which is huge for the suppressor. I tuned it just lock the bolt back without and it tames the recoil considerably.
I recommend that for anyone in the market.
Thanks for the help fellas, I'll keep ya posted!

