Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why is 6.8 SPC still a thing when 6.5 Grendel is more and more popular?
#14
Sticks Wrote:The absolute best group that I have been able to get with Wolf is 1.3 MOA, and that followed a bughole 5 shot group of ELD (.31MOA). One of those rare occasions I was on my game. Wolf is usually 2+ MOA, which is unacceptable to me.

Now, if they actually get a bullet that is .264, not .2615 in future production, I'll try it again. Debating on selling off what I have, or continue with my Moscow Match trials if I can get my hands on some stupid cheap 120gr bullets.

6.8 - I have yet to see anyone shooting one, but I don't get out much. Since the Military briefly had it under consideration, and Federal backed it, it's a sure bet that it is not going away.

Sticks:

Absolutely correct. A person can spend $.22 to make noise or they can buy or handload something with a bullet that is really .264 and see that it shoots so much better. Or do what you did and pull / push using a bullet that cost another $.25 or so. The cheapo Wolf ammo can shoot if someone is willing to spend twice as much as it cost for a new bullet plus what ever their time is worth.

And if some of you guys haven't seen what Sticks did you can search for 'Moscow Match' and see for yourselves.

LR55


Messages In This Thread
Why is 6.8 SPC still a thing when 6.5 Grendel is more and more popular? - by LR1955 - 10-16-2017, 12:14 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)