Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report
#4
Ditcher Wrote:Would you say the Larue 6.5G ultimate kit was worth it?

Absotively. These were the very first 60 shots through this upper, and the groups are visibly improving. For everything received, (not counting the swag), I would be very hard pressed to match the quality and sheer quantity of components received for the money.

[Image: 37051912293_4f81f9cabd_o.jpg]

What I failed to mention was
  • the very sweet upper to barrel fit - I bedded both the barrel and block with LocTite Blue, but only as a matter of course, not from necessity,
  • the upper to lower receiver fit, which needed a very small amount of persuasion to get them to mate together,
  • a very impressive trigger group that, for less than 1/2 the price, rivals my Geissele SSA-E,
  • very comfortable furniture (hand guard, grip and stock)

[Image: 37012654034_8c3edd7403_c.jpg]

If I had set out to build up an upper around one of these Larue barrels, I doubt I would have been able to selected a better, well fitting product, and I would have still spent about the same or more.

Kilco Wrote:That BHW group is.... spectacular.. I've been reading alot about the polygonal rifling and such trying to play catch up on that subject..

Regarding the Larue upper.. Seems to be similar groupings as my Odin Works 16" with factory ammo.. some handloads will probably tighten things right up.

Thanks. I've put many rounds through that rifle. I believe the principle difference between the two rifles can be summed up as follows: Heavy bench rifle.

Compare the above Larue, with the BHW, below:

[Image: 37690382822_4417a8d1fb_c.jpg]

The BHW has a Magpul PRS, a 22" Bull Barrel, and a heavy, extruded, DPMS slick side upper. This rifle is built S.T.I.F.F. from the word go. With the PRS adjustable cheek weld, I am assured of consistent eye position on every shot.

The Larue, by comparison, is a lightweight. With glass and bi-pod, the Larue weighs 10.2 lbs, compared to the BHW's fully dressed 12.5 lbs.

For the sake of a cheek weld, though, I am presently deciding whether or not I need to replace the Larue stock or simply add an adjustable riser.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Ditcher - 10-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Kilco - 10-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by NugginFutz - 10-16-2017, 12:32 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Ditcher - 10-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Kilco - 10-16-2017, 12:59 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Six5x39 - 10-16-2017, 02:31 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Six5x39 - 10-16-2017, 02:36 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Kilco - 10-16-2017, 04:06 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Joseph5 - 10-17-2017, 12:01 AM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Jaggy13 - 10-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Larue Ultimate Upper Progress Report - by Joseph5 - 10-24-2017, 01:59 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)