Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
POF 3.5# Straight Drop-In Trigger - $99 @ Primary Arms
#16
Well, here's my dry-fire review...tl:dr...Really like it.

When you first place your finger on the trigger, there is no movement, none. I believe this is due, in part, to the urethane feet on the bottom of the unit (two urethane cylinders which run the width of the cassette which can easily be removed). These get compressed as the pins are inserted to eliminate any vertical play. There is no lateral play either. The two aluminum sleeves through which the pins are inserted are a fairly tight fit within the lower. If the sleeves are not centered in the cassette, the cassette will not drop into my PSA lower. Since tolerances vary, so will your mileage.

There's enough weight to the trigger, to my hand, to preclude a ND unless you're not in a static shooting position (why would you have your finger on the trigger if you're not ready to shoot anyhow?). There is also no movement, AT ALL, as you increase tension. When it breaks, you feel no grit and travel is minimal. Reset is not the smoothest affair, certainly not as crisp and light as a glock trigger. You can feel metal dragging against metal here and this creates the sensation of a reset that is longer than the travel at break.

Well that's it for my initial thoughts. I'll let you know if I can keep the shots on the paper when I get a chance to visit the range.

BTW, I read an excellent review of a bunch of drop-ins at, of all places, TTAG...very thorough:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04...r-roundup/
Reply


Messages In This Thread
POF 3.5# Straight Drop-In Trigger - $99 @ Primary Arms - by JDub - 09-28-2017, 07:00 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)