Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
POF 3.5# Straight Drop-In Trigger - $99 @ Primary Arms
#12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfT7asuOcXI
Accutrigger

http://cz-usa.com/news/the-cz-single-set...er-system/
Set trigger

There are lots of examples of attempts to produce the extreme-light trigger break of an extremely shallow sear engagement, these two are just examples. I'm not sure how Timney first produced the light single stages with a degree of reliable safety, but the results are all over the AR world, and Timney is one standard by which most other single stages are measured.

The MBT works in my mind very similarly to the Accutrigger originally from Savage; There is a first stage that has a slight take up allowing the shooter to bring the trigger to the break with a definite stop in travel, then a slightly heavier pull "breaks" the sear and fires the weapon. In my mind, this works well because I know that once the first stage has been pulled, the break is next. I can pull just to the break point, stop, posture/breathe/final aim/hold - break. The single stage is like this, but there is nothing but a break. So, you have to introduce your input to the weapon via trigger ONLY when all the other factors are already done. Just a difference of practice I assume. I would be interested to hear your opinion of a really good two stage in precision shooting.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
POF 3.5# Straight Drop-In Trigger - $99 @ Primary Arms - by Kswhitetails - 09-28-2017, 02:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)