09-22-2017, 08:33 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 09:17 PM by Troutguide.)
Muhahahaa. It's alive!!! Took it to the range today and it didn't blow up in my face.
I started with the GB closed it didn't lock back so I opened it up one full turn and it stayed back so I closed it down to 1/4 turn and it didn't lock so just a half turn open and it ran great with Hornady 123sst and Wolf 100. I can't say where the brass landed as they use a screen to block flying brass. It did dent the necks upon hitting the deflector just like some say is normal. I already posted my best groups on the other build thread but here they are. The first is Wolf 100 and second is 123SST both 5 shots at 50yds, dumb range has 16"+ rule for the 100yd range. I will find a place to shoot at 100 or 200 and dial in the final scope settings. The SST group would have been superb if i hadn't pulled the one shot high. I didn't get to rapid fire(range rule) but a nice steady pace gave good results with both ammo. I will shoot better next time since I won't be flustered by the whole AR thing and not knowing if it would even cycle.
I started with the GB closed it didn't lock back so I opened it up one full turn and it stayed back so I closed it down to 1/4 turn and it didn't lock so just a half turn open and it ran great with Hornady 123sst and Wolf 100. I can't say where the brass landed as they use a screen to block flying brass. It did dent the necks upon hitting the deflector just like some say is normal. I already posted my best groups on the other build thread but here they are. The first is Wolf 100 and second is 123SST both 5 shots at 50yds, dumb range has 16"+ rule for the 100yd range. I will find a place to shoot at 100 or 200 and dial in the final scope settings. The SST group would have been superb if i hadn't pulled the one shot high. I didn't get to rapid fire(range rule) but a nice steady pace gave good results with both ammo. I will shoot better next time since I won't be flustered by the whole AR thing and not knowing if it would even cycle.

