Yes. I see. You can get greater hammer accelaration with less mass and with adequate reliability.
To the OP: I was led to this video by reading these posts. If JP uses sandpaper, it must be OK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37B7yGWPAi8
Another question about the OP: Why do this?
"I also opened up my buffer and removed the weight, cut it in pieces and reassembled with a small piece in the buffer held in the center with rubber tubing on either end. It now weighs ~1.75 oz."
To the OP: I was led to this video by reading these posts. If JP uses sandpaper, it must be OK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37B7yGWPAi8
Another question about the OP: Why do this?
"I also opened up my buffer and removed the weight, cut it in pieces and reassembled with a small piece in the buffer held in the center with rubber tubing on either end. It now weighs ~1.75 oz."

