Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trigger Job?
#4
Thanks guys. I understand the concern with the hardened surface removal, hence my post. I was very light with the 600 then on to the 1000, it only removed the faintest tooling marks and polished the surface, this sandpaper is for paint finishes on automobiles so it can't remove much. How shallow is the actual hardened surface? How would I know if I did damage? Anyone actually see a trigger fail bc of this type of work, opposed to the continual warnings saying it is a possibility?

I used a similar buffing compound and a cloth wheel to final polish. Looking forward to hitting my Zwickey broadheads with it, should make "shaving sharp" easy after some good file work. As for these screws I thought I needed 1/2" so I ordered them. Lowe's only had the 1/4" you posted if the 1/4" work I would rather use that so the grip screw won't need so many washers.

The Larue trigger looks nice but I only have about $450 in this gun, so the price is still high for me, trying to do this on a thin budget. Maybe next year I can upgrade.

TG
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Trigger Job? - by LRRPF52 - 09-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Trigger Job? - by LRRPF52 - 09-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Trigger Job? - by just_john - 09-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Trigger Job? - by mongoosesnipe - 09-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Trigger Job? - by derek45 - 09-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Trigger Job? - by The Profit Joseph Sith - 09-14-2017, 01:25 AM
Trigger Job? - by just_john - 09-14-2017, 04:46 AM
Trigger Job? - by just_john - 09-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Trigger Job? - by Lastrites - 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Trigger Job? - by derek45 - 09-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Trigger Job? - by The Profit Joseph Sith - 09-14-2017, 04:46 PM
Trigger Job? - by LRRPF52 - 09-14-2017, 08:48 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-16-2017, 04:35 AM
Trigger Job? - by Troutguide - 09-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Trigger Job? - by bj139 - 09-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Trigger Job? - by LRRPF52 - 09-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Trigger Job? - by AZBackcountry - 09-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Trigger Job? - by Rugerfan.64 - 09-23-2017, 02:30 AM
Trigger Job? - by The Profit Joseph Sith - 09-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Trigger Job? - by The Profit Joseph Sith - 09-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Trigger Job? - by LRRPF52 - 09-25-2017, 07:53 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)