09-04-2017, 07:04 PM
thedudeabides Wrote:Does anyone have any numbers or load data for the Maker Trex bullets? I'd love to see what's realistic from the 110gr. from 16 and 18". I can't seem to find it anywhere and the website seems a bit incomplete.
The good news and bad news with the 110gr TREX is that its the first 110 gr offering in LFPs. In fact, the whole range of weights from 100 to 120 has been largely ignored in the 6.5 caliber.
I'm very happy to see the 105, 107, 110 and 118 gr LFPs being made recently to fill this gap.
I have predicted a 2600 fps max from a 20" barrel for this projectile based on other data. I have recently confirmed this using CFE223 and achieved 2560fps with no excessive pressure signs on brass. I believe that higher velocities could be achieved with H335, TAC, or AA2520.
If you subtract 25fps per inch loss of barrel length, you should be in the 2500 to 2550 range.
Given this LFP opens up down to 1800 fps or less, that means you have a range out to about 350-400 yds depending on what the BC is for these LFPS.
Hope this helps.
