08-29-2017, 02:36 AM
LRRPF52 Wrote:Guys: There's no such thing as a SAAMI bolt. SAAMI does not set the face depth anywhere in their diagrams, only maximum cartridge and minimum chamber dimensions, as well as pressure ratings.
If you mean to just get a .136" bolt and use it in a chamber that was meant to shoot a .125" face depth bolt, you just added probably .020" to the headspace, since virgin brass is sized pretty short to the shoulder.
I am in full agreement with LRRPF52. I did not intend for anyone to infer from what I said that the SAAMI spec meant .136" bolt face depth, and if anyone mistook my response to LH to mean as much, I apologize. I've been attempting to be quite deliberate in describing the SAAMI spec and the bolt face as two separate points.
Further, no one should ever attempt to interchange the different bolts as a means to address any issues, perceived or real. You'll either end up with a weapon that can't properly go into battery or one with an excessive head space problem.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

