08-29-2017, 12:07 AM
Looking to build my first 6.5 Grendel AR and came across this complete upper from Bear Creek Arsenal (https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/upper-a...ss-15-mlok).
![[Image: 05907c55db7a5ad7b480f2fadf618320.jpg]](http://pichoster.net/images/2017/08/29/05907c55db7a5ad7b480f2fadf618320.jpg)
I've searched the forum and have read mixed reviews on their barrels (as there are mixed reviews on just about every barrel available). But I haven't read anything concrete as to why anyone doesn't like BCA (I've read terrific comments on their customer service). I see it as the Ford vs Chevy argument; where more emotion then fact comes into play why someone prefers one and not the other.
This BCA upper is $334 ($225+ less than anything comparable I can find on-line - GrendelHunter, Radical Firearms, AA, etc.). As I am familiar with "you get what you pay for" mantra, my question is....how can this heavy barrel, complete upper cost significantly less than comparable uppers? What am I missing about BCA (other then their typo in the description) vs Grendel Hunter or Radical Firearms uppers that makes me a little hesitant to go with BCA (due to pricing)?
FWIW, My build will serve as 'fun time at the range'. Weight isn't an issue as it will be benched.
![[Image: 05907c55db7a5ad7b480f2fadf618320.jpg]](http://pichoster.net/images/2017/08/29/05907c55db7a5ad7b480f2fadf618320.jpg)
I've searched the forum and have read mixed reviews on their barrels (as there are mixed reviews on just about every barrel available). But I haven't read anything concrete as to why anyone doesn't like BCA (I've read terrific comments on their customer service). I see it as the Ford vs Chevy argument; where more emotion then fact comes into play why someone prefers one and not the other.
This BCA upper is $334 ($225+ less than anything comparable I can find on-line - GrendelHunter, Radical Firearms, AA, etc.). As I am familiar with "you get what you pay for" mantra, my question is....how can this heavy barrel, complete upper cost significantly less than comparable uppers? What am I missing about BCA (other then their typo in the description) vs Grendel Hunter or Radical Firearms uppers that makes me a little hesitant to go with BCA (due to pricing)?
FWIW, My build will serve as 'fun time at the range'. Weight isn't an issue as it will be benched.

