Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel V.S. 7.62x51 500yds & Beyond........ Questions......
#24
Klem Wrote:'19+ pounds'? Are you sure?
19lb rifles are pretty common in PRS. Some of the stocks alone weigh 6lbs and up, like the JAE-700.

Guys/gals are shooting Heavy Palma, MTU, and M24 profiles, a lot of 26" 6mm Creedmoors, with most barrels weighing at least 5lbs or more.

Add in a 2.2lbs Defiance action, bottom metal, 10rd mag, bipod, Vortex Razor, rings, muzzle device/suppressor, and you're well on the way to a 20lb rifle.

I noticed this at a match with my .260 gasser on one of the wobbly barricade stages. We had 40mph winds throughout the match, and I couldn't hold my rifle steady from a standing position on that barricade, no matter how tight I pulled on my quick-adjust 2-point sling. I was thinking, "If I had that little Grendel right now, this shot would be done and on to the next shot already."

Wasn't even a long shot, just an extremely difficult position with a heavy rifle.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel V.S. 7.62x51 500yds & Beyond........ Questions...... - by LRRPF52 - 08-26-2017, 04:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)