Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel V.S. 7.62x51 500yds & Beyond........ Questions......
#4
I have a 28 inch grendel that can shoot a 130 gr berger at 2570 fps, and a 308 palma rifle that shoots a 155.5 gr berger at 2950 fps. I compared the ballistics with the calculator at berger bullets site. At 1000 yards the grendel drops 37.3 MOA. The 308 drops 30.1 MOA. However with a 10mph cross wind the grendel has 8.6 MOA of drift and the 308 has 8.7 MOA of drift. That seems fairly comparable. Note that I am shooting 155.5gr bullets at 1000 yards from a 308 purely for sport. There are better bullets for 308 that can trim a couple of MOA off of that wind drift. I don't worry about drop if I know the distance. Wind drift is what matters and I think the grendel is arguably comparable to a 308 shooting a palma load at 1000 yards.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel V.S. 7.62x51 500yds & Beyond........ Questions...... - by rwh - 08-25-2017, 02:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)