08-22-2017, 06:25 PM
I just received my complete grendel upper from BCA a couple weeks ago. It's the 18" straight fluted nitride barrel with mlok handguard and nitrided bcg. All told, It was only around $340 shipped. On inspection, it looks to be very well machined and assembled. I can only find two criticisms, both minor and already remedied: The a2 flashhider was only hand tight, and the gas key could have been staked a little better.
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to shoot this thing yet, but with that important caveat, it's looking like a great deal. As for customer service, I emailed BCA with questinos about the chamber and bolt specs but didn't receive a response. However, a week or so later I received a call from a BCA sales person who apoligized for the delayed response and said the tech person who would normally answer was out for health reasons. He also seemed genuinely interested in the product because he asked me to report back on how the barrel shoots. From where I stand it looks like this company is well on its way to getting its act together to offer good quality parts for an exceptional value.
Now to just get out and shoot the thing!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to shoot this thing yet, but with that important caveat, it's looking like a great deal. As for customer service, I emailed BCA with questinos about the chamber and bolt specs but didn't receive a response. However, a week or so later I received a call from a BCA sales person who apoligized for the delayed response and said the tech person who would normally answer was out for health reasons. He also seemed genuinely interested in the product because he asked me to report back on how the barrel shoots. From where I stand it looks like this company is well on its way to getting its act together to offer good quality parts for an exceptional value.
Now to just get out and shoot the thing!

