Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Forward assist delete. Good/bad?
#19
I ordered a 2A Armament Balios upper without a fwd assist or a dust cover. Her how I made my decision. I have another ar that has both features and don't use either. It was comforting knowing that I had them but when it's comes right down to it I'm not sure why. Shooting supressed makes my action dirty fairly quickly and When my action needs cleaned it has a hard time chambeing a round unless I really let the charging handle fly. I don't like to do this when chambeing at the truck on the way to a coyote stand so I usually let it go from about half way back and this gets things close. From there I just pull back slightly and let it go again and it takes it home. If not I just push the carrier with my finger as Timmy mentioned.
As far as a dust cover goes I guess I just don't ever think about it. I often hunt in dust, snow.... And it's never been a issue since I usually have the rifle in my hands and not on the ground.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Klem - 08-15-2017, 05:17 AM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Lastrites - 08-15-2017, 11:19 AM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by LRRPF52 - 08-15-2017, 05:45 PM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Kilco - 08-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by howl - 08-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by LRRPF52 - 08-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Kilco - 08-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Les - 08-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by NugginFutz - 08-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Jk2paintworx - 08-21-2017, 04:53 AM
Forward assist delete. Good/bad? - by Klem - 08-21-2017, 05:24 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)