08-16-2017, 12:33 AM
I can take FA or leave it, really doesn't matter to me...
I've never found it overly useful... as LRRPF52 stated, if I'm hunting, I rack a round in before I start my stalk or trek, and if I were the kind of guy who found that unsafe, I would probably go with a side charger before I relied on the FA.
That being said, all my ARs have a FA.. not by choice, it's just how the rifle/upper came.
I remember learning that in the early days of the AR15, certain rifles were requested without the FA, (air force maybe?) Because they were of the belief that if it didn't chamber, forcing the bolt into lockup with a live round was only making a bad situation worse.. just an interesting note..
I've never found it overly useful... as LRRPF52 stated, if I'm hunting, I rack a round in before I start my stalk or trek, and if I were the kind of guy who found that unsafe, I would probably go with a side charger before I relied on the FA.
That being said, all my ARs have a FA.. not by choice, it's just how the rifle/upper came.
I remember learning that in the early days of the AR15, certain rifles were requested without the FA, (air force maybe?) Because they were of the belief that if it didn't chamber, forcing the bolt into lockup with a live round was only making a bad situation worse.. just an interesting note..

