08-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Shorthairedtornado Wrote:Thank you for the reply! I'm new to this, never had or fired a grendel but it seems like the perfect caliber to make my "improved" mk 12. Was thinking a proof research barrel or a Christensen arms( the proof seems to only come in 20 vs a Christensen arms 18) but would the 20 look crazy with my shorter handguard?
I've been doing a lot of research on Proof since it's likely that I'm going to rebarrel my RPR with one of their barrels once I wear my stock barrel out. Search the web - I found a lot of discussions on various boards out there. Accuracy aside (and I haven't seen a complaint about Proof's accuracy), Proof's carbon fiber wrapping is designed to dissipate heat but it doesn't seem as if Christenson has figured that out. That's bad since carbon fiber is actually an insulator. The Christenson's get quite a bit of thermal drift while the Proof's have virtually none. But that's hearsay from me. If your going to drop >$800 on a barrel, I suggest searching on your own
Let's go Brandon!

