08-07-2017, 04:38 PM
crusader18 Wrote:" ....I'd probably be using the 129gr ABLR though." Why? I would love to know. Would you please expound? I'm new to the horde and don't reload, so as of now, my world consists of Hornady and Wolf. Was considering buying loaded ammo from PF and or Alexander for hunting deer and maybe elk someday and am looking to expand my horizons. Would you please explain the comparative advantages that the ABLR or TSX give as far as exterior and terminal ballistics. Being confined to purchasing and then trial and error leaves some of us dependent on the manufacturers(in this case Hornady 123SST) and their advertising. You're an expert (well...THE Expert) so a quick lesson on what the extra $1 per round on average for Bill and Mark's loadings will give us would be greatly appreciated. Especially interested in the details of the two bullets construction, exterior and terminal ballistics, what differentiates the two bullets' construction and if you have any experience with ether of the two rifle manufacturer's offerings? Sorry for the long winded/multi-part question, it's been eating at me for a while...like since before I joined the Horde.Welcome aboard.
PF-6.5 Grendel Neptune EL V-I 20" Fluted
As mentioned, the 129gr ABLR is a bonded cup/core bullet from Nosler. It rapidly expands upon entrance, and has an expansion threshold down to 1300fps impact, which is much lower than any other bonded hunting bullet on the market that I'm aware of for the .264"/6.5mm bore. It also has a BC of .553 G1, so it does not like to slow down much at all.
It's one of the go-to premium hunting bullets for 6.5 Grendel, especially for those with shorter barrels.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
