Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help choosing Buttstock
#12
Klem Wrote:I don't think the OP is interested in the heaviest stock on the market at 28-31oz. The PRS may be Magpul's flagship and impresses a lot of shooters with its high price (including me! I mean it's crazy expensive so it must be good, right?). My experience of the PRS is that it is overpriced, heavy, and does not ride the bags well when bench resting. Very disappointing. I also have no use for the adjustable mechanisms which is a waste of potential storage space. Finally, it costs three times as much as an A2 MOE which is 14oz.

This idea of perceived weight due to a front-heavy gun does not sit well with me either. It's nice to hold a SBR or bullpup but practical AR's, suppressors and heavy barrel profiles will always have the balance point forward of the middle. If balance is an issue you will only notice this when shooting offhand after bringing it up to the aim. At all other times it is either slung or carried or rested . If front-heavy you hold the gun a little further forward at the balance point when stalking. If you think weight will help when bench-resting you can always fill the storage compartments of a stock like the MOE with shotgun pellets. Then empty it when hunting.

I wouldn't have guessed it from your avatar, but you must be blessed with the facial structure and upper body skeletal structure that fits right into a MOE stock. Everyone is different. Wink I am in no way "in love" with the PRS on my JP 22er build, but the small amount of cheek rise I use is invaluable with a scope with a 34mm tube and 50mm objective. And I use all of the LOP adjustment - and I'm only 5'11". I just happen to have a long torso and long arms - so much so that I use a layback seat post on my Litespeed hard tail to get me in the best position (that's right - I replaced a perfectly good $100 Thompson post with another $100 Thompson post to move my center of gravity back an inch). I find adjustable stocks to be pointless because I am always at the longest setting. I have 2 ARFX stocks on build's with small objective optics that I do love and the main complaint I read about them is that the LOP is too long. I think they could be a tad longer. Consider yourself lucky! (And don't ask where I have to position the front triangular post in the peep sight of my Type 99 Arisaka - it's not in the center!)
Let's go Brandon!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Help choosing Buttstock - by todd458 - 08-06-2017, 12:57 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Klem - 08-06-2017, 01:52 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by js8588 - 08-06-2017, 02:04 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Lastrites - 08-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by todd458 - 08-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by din - 08-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by bj139 - 08-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Kilco - 08-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Jakerz - 08-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Klem - 08-07-2017, 02:26 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Jakerz - 08-07-2017, 03:41 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by StoneHendge - 08-07-2017, 04:22 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by todd458 - 08-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Jakerz - 08-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by todd458 - 08-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Jakerz - 08-07-2017, 06:32 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by js8588 - 08-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by kevperro - 08-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Kswhitetails - 08-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by todd458 - 08-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by scroder - 08-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by funnelcake - 08-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by grayfox - 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Double Naught Spy - 08-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by jackwagon - 08-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Cockednlocked - 08-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Rob57 - 08-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by diddlyv - 08-18-2017, 10:32 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by AZBackcountry - 09-01-2017, 02:26 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by Kswhitetails - 09-01-2017, 02:57 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by hdrolling - 09-01-2017, 03:17 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by DJL2 - 09-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by hdrolling - 09-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by DJL2 - 09-07-2017, 02:03 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by biodsl - 09-07-2017, 04:36 AM
Help choosing Buttstock - by DJL2 - 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Help choosing Buttstock - by bj139 - 09-18-2017, 03:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)