08-07-2017, 03:41 AM
Klem Wrote:I don't think the OP is interested in the heaviest stock on the market at 28-31oz. The PRS may be Magpul's flagship and impresses a lot of shooters with its high price (including me! I mean it's crazy expensive so it must be good, right?). My experience of the PRS is that it is overpriced, heavy, and does not ride the bags well when bench resting. Very disappointing. I also have no use for the adjustable mechanisms which is a waste of potential storage space. Finally, it costs three times as much as an A2 MOE which is 14oz.
This idea of perceived weight due to a front-heavy gun does not sit well with me either. It's nice to hold a SBR or bullpup but practical AR's, suppressors and heavy barrel profiles will always have the balance point forward of the middle. If balance is an issue you will only notice this when shooting offhand after bringing it up to the aim. At all other times it is either slung or carried or rested . If front-heavy you hold the gun a little further forward at the balance point when stalking. If you think weight will help when bench-resting you can always fill the storage compartments of a stock like the MOE with shotgun pellets. Then empty it when hunting.
Oh I wasn't suggesting he get a PRS, lol. I would just saying that I wouldn't get weight be the #1 priority based on the rest of his gun setup. I would go with the Magpul MOE over the PRS for his rifle.
Jake

