08-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Jk2paintworx Wrote:I have looked into complete uppers but they always end up needing parts switched out to get exactly what I want. I am into quality over quantity when it comes to my rifles and I really enjoy putting em together how I want.
How are the Odin barrels as far as accuracy. The offer 1.5moa guarantee which doesn't seem very promising as far as confidence. I am looking for Sub MOA in all of my rifles. I always get there but sometimes it takes some tweeking so I understand how it would be hard to "guarantee" anything as far as a barrel mfg goes but 1.5 doesn't sound appealing. How are the Satern Barrels? Also. I looked at LARUE but I don't see a 6.5G barrel offered.
Who makes the BEST Lightweight 16" 6.5 barrel? Probably a tough one to answer.
I tried to find the thread on the LW build on Rokslide but I am not familiar with that forum and didn't find it. Would like to see how he did it though. My goal would be 6# with optic and lefty side charge upper.
I actually called Odin about that. Their 18" and 20" barrels say "1 moa guarantee" wile the 16" said 1.5. Their tech guy Aaron explained they are made with the same style reamer, but based on the less rigidity of the ultralite 16" (which goes for any lightweight barrel) it might be slightly more picky about ammo. Especially since most people using the 16" barrels are either using hunting ammunition or blaster/steel case ammo.
He assured me his personal 16" build with good ammo is every bit as accurate as the 18" and 20" barrels. I have been more than impressed with mine with both factory ammo and handloads.

