Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lightweight build Questions
#7
Jk2paintworx Wrote:I have looked into complete uppers but they always end up needing parts switched out to get exactly what I want. I am into quality over quantity when it comes to my rifles and I really enjoy putting em together how I want.
That's how I'm able to build my brush guns on the cheap. "Just add lower" and stir. Wink

Quote:... I am looking for Sub MOA in all of my rifles. I always get there but sometimes it takes some tweeking so I understand how it would be hard to "guarantee" anything as far as a barrel mfg goes but 1.5 doesn't sound appealing.
Hence the rationale for purchasing an assembled upper from a reputable manufacturer. I'm not recommending any particular source, but Precision Firearms and Larue Tactical both put together some very high quality uppers. Plus, Larue is running an insanely great deal at this moment. If you decide to buy one of those and still end up taking off components, I would be shocked if you couldn't sell them instantly.


Quote: How are the Satern Barrels? Also. I looked at LARUE but I don't see a 6.5G barrel offered.

Who makes the BEST Lightweight 16" 6.5 barrel? Probably a tough one to answer.

Larue is presently not offering barrels, just uppers and complete rifles.
Satern has been acknowledged by several members here as being some of the better shooting barrels.

BEST Lightweight 16" 6.5 Barrel? With such a subjective question, you will get a plethora of opinions, and you'll still end up researching that on your own.

For a short list, consider these for accuracy:

Lilja
Bartlein
Shilen
Kreiger

Money? Ok, then consider
AA
Faxton
BCA

I'm sure the Horde will chime in with some other (better?) suggestions.

Good luck in your quest.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lightweight build Questions - by Jk2paintworx - 08-06-2017, 01:40 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by Kilco - 08-06-2017, 01:49 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by Jk2paintworx - 08-06-2017, 03:51 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by Lastrites - 08-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by howl - 08-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Lightweight build Questions - by Jk2paintworx - 08-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Lightweight build Questions - by NugginFutz - 08-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Lightweight build Questions - by Jk2paintworx - 08-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by Kilco - 08-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by Jk2paintworx - 08-07-2017, 02:22 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by js8588 - 08-07-2017, 07:39 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by NugginFutz - 08-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by Jk2paintworx - 08-08-2017, 03:56 AM
Lightweight build Questions - by VASCAR2 - 08-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Lightweight build Questions - by funnelcake - 08-08-2017, 07:59 PM
Lightweight build Questions - by js8588 - 08-08-2017, 04:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)