08-06-2017, 01:52 AM
With respect, I wouldn't use any of them for what you want to use it for.
A top-end barrel and scope for bench-rest will be at the mercy of any play in the stock if you go collapsible. Plus the MFT won't slide on a rear bag. I have used the bottom three but not the Luth.
I know it's a feature of AR15's to be able to collapse the stock but frankly, do you really need this? I ask the question because a collapsible brings with it the risk of play in what sounds like a scenario where you want it to be as rigid as possible. Certainly remove the MFT and CTR from the list. Like I say I haven't used the Luth but if it is a Magpul PRS equivalent you don't really need an adjustable butt and comb on an AR (certainly not the comb). And those adjustment features add unwanted weight.
With a 20" barrel you won't find that collapsing the stock a few inches is going to be of much benefit (unless you have a bag which it won't fit into otherwise, and that would be an example of the 'tail wagging the dog'). I would add an A2 fixed stock to your list. Something like Magpul's MOE. It's is arguably more rigid and with more storage space than a collapsible stock and rides the bags in bench rest better than most.
A top-end barrel and scope for bench-rest will be at the mercy of any play in the stock if you go collapsible. Plus the MFT won't slide on a rear bag. I have used the bottom three but not the Luth.
I know it's a feature of AR15's to be able to collapse the stock but frankly, do you really need this? I ask the question because a collapsible brings with it the risk of play in what sounds like a scenario where you want it to be as rigid as possible. Certainly remove the MFT and CTR from the list. Like I say I haven't used the Luth but if it is a Magpul PRS equivalent you don't really need an adjustable butt and comb on an AR (certainly not the comb). And those adjustment features add unwanted weight.
With a 20" barrel you won't find that collapsing the stock a few inches is going to be of much benefit (unless you have a bag which it won't fit into otherwise, and that would be an example of the 'tail wagging the dog'). I would add an A2 fixed stock to your list. Something like Magpul's MOE. It's is arguably more rigid and with more storage space than a collapsible stock and rides the bags in bench rest better than most.

