Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New guy thinking about a build
#2
I've been shooting AR-15's since the mid 90's and have a Friend who is a FFL and a gunsmith. The most common problem when assembling an upper is getting the gas block properly positioned over the gas port. The Odin 18" 6.5 Grendel barrels with fixed gas blocks are functioning properly. If you plan on running a suppressor I'd suggest using an adjustable gas block.

Overall Odin has gotten good reviews and when issues have arisen Odin's CS has helped resolve most issues. One forum member had an issue with the shoulder of the barrel near the threads not working with his suppressor/muzzle break. I think this member ended up having to get the barrel modified locally.

Joebobsoutfitters and a couple other vendors have had some very good prices on Odin's package deals. If I was in the market I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Odin. A Friend has used their 6.5 Grendel BCG and it looks real good. You can also get good deals by signing up for Odin's email notification.

Another rather common problem on 6.5 Grendel builds is the extractor chewing up the rim on the 6.5 Grendel brass. This can usually be resolved by removing the rough edge off the extractor claw. It can also help to break the edge on the ejector which helps the base of the cartridge slide onto the face of the bolt.

This forum has been benificial to many members in sorting out their problems. I read several forums and the 6.5 Grendel doesn't seem to be more problematic than the other chamberings in the AR-15. Normally issues with faulty magazines can be identified and rectified as all the differnt 6.5 Grendel brand mags will occasionally have an out of spec mag slip through QC.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New guy thinking about a build - by Safety Guy - 07-18-2017, 04:14 PM
New guy thinking about a build - by VASCAR2 - 07-18-2017, 05:44 PM
New guy thinking about a build - by StoneHendge - 07-18-2017, 06:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)