Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New guy thinking about a build
#1
Came upon some extra "gun money' and was considering building a 6.5 Grendel AR. Looking at one of the kits from Joe Bobs (18" Odins Works package with BCG, non adjustable gas block). This would be my second AR, but the first one I would be building myself. I'm sure I can properly install the gas system and barrel, but if not, I have locals who could give me a hand. This upper will go on my current AR's lower (rifle tube/buffer), until I can buy a new complete lower which might be carbine or rifle. After looking through the trouble shooting forum, I'm getting a little worried about having issues. Seems like lots of people have issues with cycling, FTE, FTE and the like. With the kit I'm looking at, do I have much to worry about? The gun will spend most of it's life in a deer stand and probably never shoot over 150 yards. I really don't need to build this, but I like the idea of hunting with an AR and being able to shoot it in the off season with cheap Wolf to really feel "one with the rifle" come hunting season. Enough rambling, what do you guys think?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New guy thinking about a build - by Safety Guy - 07-18-2017, 04:14 PM
New guy thinking about a build - by VASCAR2 - 07-18-2017, 05:44 PM
New guy thinking about a build - by StoneHendge - 07-18-2017, 06:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)