07-16-2017, 12:39 PM
Klem Wrote:Thanks for replying but I remain unconvinced that glue between the receiver face and barrel extension increases accuracy. If you go to the effort of shaving minute angles of metal off the receiver face to square it why then let glue or any other substance in between that carefully machined interface? If there is slop between the extension and receiver then by all means try and fill it with something that hardens (and does not flow when heated). But the receiver face and the extension journal needs to be intimate.I imagine you would have to lap the barrel shoulder as well to get the accuracy you envision. The loctite just fills in the tiny gaps which will always be there no matter how well you lap. Think about creating an airtight seal between 2 metal surfaces.
I am aware quite a few people don't care about the excess glue squeezing onto the shoulder but I imagine your guns would be even more accurate if you could somehow get the glue to where it is needed, and keep it from where it is not.

