Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Striped Grendel
#3
NugginFutz,

Thanks for responding.

I will take your suggestion of H322 for the Grendel since the Lee load data I got with the dies lists it for 85g up to 123g bullets and it seems to be the most efficient powder per unit weight

I will contact BCA to see if they will replace the barrel. If the brass were to separate at the rings, another round shouldn't chamber but if it did I wouldn't want to be around. The rings appear to be ridges. I can feel no grove inside with a dental pick.

Initially, I envisioned a jet of gas burning a hole in my carbon fiber hand guard so I had the gas block turned around so the holes did not align. After I was planning to get the gas working, I just decided to "wing it" and shoot with no gas block. The hand guard shows no evidence of damage, maybe a slight powder burn.

I just tried to cycle the dummy rounds through the BCA and the bullet stuck in the lands. It was pulled from the case on ejection. I had to knock it free with a cleaning rod. The 85g bullets are fatter near the nose than the Wolf steel 100g bullet. I guess the SAAMI chamber is tight.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-04-2017, 04:24 PM
My Striped Grendel - by NugginFutz - 07-04-2017, 05:58 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-04-2017, 07:13 PM
My Striped Grendel - by VASCAR2 - 07-04-2017, 07:37 PM
My Striped Grendel - by NugginFutz - 07-04-2017, 11:13 PM
My Striped Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 07-05-2017, 10:16 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-06-2017, 01:12 AM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-07-2017, 02:33 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
My Striped Grendel - by VASCAR2 - 07-11-2017, 06:17 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-12-2017, 12:02 AM
My Striped Grendel - by Mytie - 07-15-2017, 12:52 AM
My Striped Grendel - by dreadpirate - 07-15-2017, 02:10 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-16-2017, 12:07 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-19-2017, 01:44 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-25-2017, 08:38 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-25-2017, 08:59 PM
My Striped Grendel - by Lastrites - 07-25-2017, 09:55 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-26-2017, 12:09 AM
My Striped Grendel - by rabiddawg - 07-26-2017, 01:55 AM
My Striped Grendel - by Lastrites - 07-26-2017, 10:15 AM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 07-26-2017, 05:54 PM
My Striped Grendel - by bj139 - 10-11-2017, 05:16 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)