07-04-2017, 04:24 PM
I have been assembling a Grendel from a 16" BCA barrel and bought an AA Overwatch in the meantime.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9349[/ATTACH]
The Overwatch is precise enough with Wolf steel, Hornady SST and AMAX.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9350[/ATTACH]
The 16" BCA barrel finally showed acceptable precision with AMAX factory ammo only.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9351[/ATTACH]
Yesterday, I started resizing Grendel brass for the first time and noticed something strange.
Guess which brass was fired in the BCA barrel sidecharger and which in the Overwatch with brass deflector?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9347[/ATTACH]
Finally, some dummy rounds with 85G Sierra bullets which I loaded into 6.5X55 in the 1980's.
I haven't decided on a powder to try for the Grendel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9348[/ATTACH]
Until my last time at the range with the BCA Grendel, I was firing rounds without a gas block and just mortaring out the rounds with the side charging handle. It was easy against a solid wood bench. What are the implications of the stripes? Should I contact BCA for a return or just keep this oddity? It operates fine in both manual mode and gas operated mode. Would a smoother chamber make it easier to manually eject a fired round? Does anyone here have any experience with this? I live in Pennsylvania which still does not allow deer hunting with semi-autos so it must be manually operated.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9349[/ATTACH]
The Overwatch is precise enough with Wolf steel, Hornady SST and AMAX.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9350[/ATTACH]
The 16" BCA barrel finally showed acceptable precision with AMAX factory ammo only.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9351[/ATTACH]
Yesterday, I started resizing Grendel brass for the first time and noticed something strange.
Guess which brass was fired in the BCA barrel sidecharger and which in the Overwatch with brass deflector?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9347[/ATTACH]
Finally, some dummy rounds with 85G Sierra bullets which I loaded into 6.5X55 in the 1980's.
I haven't decided on a powder to try for the Grendel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9348[/ATTACH]
Until my last time at the range with the BCA Grendel, I was firing rounds without a gas block and just mortaring out the rounds with the side charging handle. It was easy against a solid wood bench. What are the implications of the stripes? Should I contact BCA for a return or just keep this oddity? It operates fine in both manual mode and gas operated mode. Would a smoother chamber make it easier to manually eject a fired round? Does anyone here have any experience with this? I live in Pennsylvania which still does not allow deer hunting with semi-autos so it must be manually operated.

