06-29-2017, 09:12 PM
Chrazy-Chris Wrote:I swapped out 3 of the 5 steel weights in my rifle buffer with tungsten ones from KAK. Much to my surprise, the roll pin was missing completely from my buffer; I suspect it was never there in the first place. Fortunately the bumper fits tight enough that I'm not worried about running it without one until my next midway order. I hope to have a range report with the heavier buffer sometime but it'll probably be a few weeks. I'm so sick of the East Coast...
I wish I had seen your post before I headed to the range yesterday! I had to put my buffer in a vise to tap out the roll pin and to get it back in. I put 2 of the 3 weights I ordered in but I probably would have brought all 3 had I thought that it could be run without the roll pin. Definitely helped slowing down my bolt but its still occasionally starting to rotate before the brass settles so the third weight will go in for the next trip. My gas block had been set one notch above where it would reliable cycle. I went through 50 rounds and the first 20 cycled fine and then I probably had 1 short stroke on the 3rd mag and 2 each on the 4th and 5th. Recoil was noticeably different. Not necessarily less, but different. Went from being like a sharp 223 carbine to a more lower pitched thud. I guess you could say it was more pleasant. Muzzle movement isn't an issue with the 22 Nosler with a VG6 Gamma and 2.5-10x Vortex

