06-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Thanks, VASCAR2. I will be taking it to a gunsmith soon, I think. The brass shown in the picture has never been put through a die- it is new Hornady brass. That's why the rings were making me nervous. I see those rings on my 30-06 all the time after reloading, but the 6.5 casings are new. I will take your advice on shooting some factory 6.5 ammo. The barnes bullets I loaded did seem a bit long, but I couldn't see any signs of the lans kissing the copper after loading and unloading unfired rounds. RE your comment about the bolt length: if I use calipers to measure that length, do I measure from the very rear (tail) of the bolt to the forward most face? I guess thats essentially the entire length of the bolth piece itself... I'm unclear about where .281" comes from. Thanks for the info!

