US Army Considers Adopting an Interim Battle Rifle in 7.62NATO: eventually adopt 6.5
If big Army moves away from the 5.56X45 I think it will likely be with telescopic cased (TC or CT round requiring completely new rifle) or Polymer cased ammo and more traditional rifle. It'll be interesting to see if they actually settle on 6, 6.5 or 7 MM. If they go 6.5 MM I wouldn't be surprised if they don't adopt a bullet close to 107-108 grains with a M-855A1 style bullet. In any event I don't think the 6.5 Grendel as we know it today will be adopted by the US military. If the military goes for the 264 USA cartridge I'd be surprised if it uses a conventional brass case unless it for a DMR role and only a temporary solution.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
US Army Considers Adopting an Interim Battle Rifle in 7.62NATO: eventually adopt 6.5 - by VASCAR2 - 05-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)