Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MY First Build List: GB 12" and Bolt.
#9
I'm almost sorry about nabbing that other bolt before ya. :S but I wanted them too badly as I already have the two 12's and have been biting my nails hoping to get a job before they are gone, which I JUST made it. As I'm sure you read I think he posted there will be a third batch in a few more weeks. And I plan to get 4 more right off the bat. I got 6 of these to build.

Now to answer some of your questions.
*For my CH I plan to order more than 2 of the DSA Forged steel ones with darkened NTFE.
*I got a email a few days ago from primary arms that had CMMG LPK's minus trigger and grip for like $22 pretty decent deal to me.
*the BCM, ALG ACT, PSA upgraded trigger, and possibly the Anderson Arms S.S. hammer and trigger are all semi decent and cheap, I'll have to get back to you all on the quality of the Anderson's once I tune and install and try them. I recommend JP's ignition reliability springs for any hammer as they are heavier but reduce lock time. And obviously strike harder for better reliability. All are about $50-60, though Anderson's is $22
*I too am looking for a decent red dot to hold me over till I can get REAL glass these babies deserve. The primary arms 2.5x red dot with the ACSS ret. Looks pretty sweet for about $180 and the hold overs should work good with 6.5
*Alexander Arms has the trilobial firing pins for the BCG if you need one. That's seems like the best I've found. I got three field repair kits from PSA with firing pins and tons of other parts I needed for like $13ea.
*The JP Silent capture Spring is awesome. I've had one for years everyone who shoots mine loves it. It's amazing how much of a difference it seems to make. The regular buffer springs make AR's seem kinda cheap. Kinda like a toy sometimes. The JPSCS changes that completely!
*I think I'm pretty set on either the ALG hand guard, or the Troy Alpha rail.might end up buying one of each to try and selling the lesser of the two. Well see.
*DSA also sells buffer tube, spring, buffer, complete kits for $40 again NTFE DARKENED if you need one. Although I think there's probably better buffer tubes to have with the braces.
*I'm also getting either the B5 P23 grip or the new hogue 15° I feel the grips with less angle are more akin to the higher end bolt stocks with more vertical grips that are starting to trend more this direction as well. It's just more comfortable and natural.

Sounds like you already bought one but AIM surplus has some nice light BCG's one with TiNi coated for fairly cheap. As well as many MANY other options for good prices.
I'm going to have to check out the RTB one you got, and also the adj. Gas block as I am still undecided for those.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
MY First Build List: GB 12" and Bolt. - by The Profit Joseph Sith - 05-07-2017, 03:48 AM
MY First Build List: GB 12" and Bolt. - by mateba - 05-07-2017, 06:02 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)