US Army Considers Adopting an Interim Battle Rifle in 7.62NATO: eventually adopt 6.5
#73
stanc Wrote:Using WWII as an example also works against your position. Midway through that total war, the US switched from lead-core to almost-lead-free, steel-core bullets for .30-06 ammo.

Stan, none of this works against my position.

I am fine with militaries using lead, steel, copper, or Gummi Bears in their bullets as long as they choose their bullet construction to meet military performance parameters.

I am fine with militaries substituting a material in their bullets to conserve strategic resources.

I am NOT fine with the construction and performance of military ammunition being trumped by the concerns of politically correct environmentalists.

Pretty sure the Russians don't use steel-core bullets because a tree-hugger got elected and mandated it.
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply


Messages In This Thread
US Army Considers Adopting an Interim Battle Rifle in 7.62NATO: eventually adopt 6.5 - by BluntForceTrauma - 04-28-2017, 01:52 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)