04-27-2017, 02:48 AM
mateba Wrote:If you it isn't any trouble. But, if you can't I'll be fine. Thank you for the offer and thank you for the input. Whats the LOP on your moe fixie?
Thank you for sharing, it really helps.
Been thinking about what Klem and Chrazy-Chris said about muzzle devices. I found a MI .30 call flash-comp for $50 but I haven't found any info on it yet. https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/...e=&from=fn It's at least cheaper even though it might not weight any less. I did also see some titanium birdcage FH on DSA arms' website for $30 but they are in 1/2-28 and would need to be drilled and tapped. Which, I can't do myself. too bad. Most of the other options I came across did not seem all that inspiring. Like, V7 Ti birdcage for $100. And, most thread protectors at $20-30. So, I'm thinking about my muzzle device choice if any of you have had some fantastic experiences with a product that's <3.7oz and <$110, I'm all ears. thanks
My recommendation, if you choose to go the thread protector route (I'm happy I did)- is to wait until you get the barrel in so you can measure the width and length of thread protector that will fit your barrel best. My barrel had especially long threads so I was happy I had it in front of me to measure off of and order one that would cover all the threads as well as match the width of that portion of my barrel. I went with this one for $10 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FYB...UTF8&psc=1.
There are a lot on Amazon of all sizes, thread patterns, and styles. I just searched 5/8-24 thread protector.

