Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Build list for a 18" grendel
#19
mateba Wrote:Klem,
Yes, this build has a budget. And no, I'm not offended. Thank you for your time. I will probably buy a nicer trigger and a few other parts later on. I am willing to double my allotment for glass as more than a few of y'all noted $300 is just not enough. And I agree. I would really like to be able to buy products from the brands you listed one day. A gieselle trigger might be doable sooner than later, I know their stuff is awesome. And I'd like a nice safe trigger for hunting.

My budget started at $875 from a rifle and ammo sale. Maybe I should have put an amount on everything and said that was a consideration. I'll update my original post. The parts list is approaching $830 w/o scope and mount. From the onset, I knew the rifle would cost close to that in parts alone. The mount and scope I chose will be another $625. I'll need to figure something out for that. The low mass stuff didn't cost too much more up front. I certainly could have saved $70 by buy cheap normal DI parts.

I agree with Klem. You're going to get more return on investment by spending that extra $300 on the barrel than than on the optics. By return on investment, I mean satisfaction with your groups, or just "giggle factor". I've got a couple of $200 scopes on my rifles that shoot right back to point of aim every season. Granted, I can't dial them for 500 to 1000 yard target practice, but they put the bullets where they need to be within normal hunting ranges.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-22-2017, 05:59 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by VASCAR2 - 04-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by VASCAR2 - 04-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Klem - 04-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Drillboss - 04-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by A5BLASTER - 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by rabiddawg - 04-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by 85_Ranger4x4 - 04-23-2017, 01:43 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Klem - 04-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by 85_Ranger4x4 - 04-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Drillboss - 04-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by A5BLASTER - 04-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-24-2017, 12:08 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-24-2017, 12:42 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-24-2017, 02:19 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by LRRPF52 - 04-24-2017, 10:45 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by danm - 04-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Chrazy-Chris - 04-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Chrazy-Chris - 04-25-2017, 06:16 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by VASCAR2 - 04-26-2017, 02:01 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-26-2017, 07:19 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by A5BLASTER - 04-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by StoneHendge - 04-26-2017, 08:59 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-27-2017, 01:31 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Chrazy-Chris - 04-27-2017, 02:48 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by A5BLASTER - 04-27-2017, 03:55 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Drillboss - 04-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by Lastrites - 04-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-27-2017, 10:18 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by A5BLASTER - 04-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 04-28-2017, 06:21 AM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by A5BLASTER - 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM
Build list for a 18" grendel - by mateba - 05-13-2017, 02:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)