keystone183 Wrote:I see little to no reason NOT to run an adjustable block. To me, it lets you run a variety of ammo suppressed or not, and optimize each variation,with a small quick adjustment. No fuss.The main reason not to use adjustable gas if you don't need it is port erosion.
Personally, I have had great experience with SLR, as a product and with customer service.
You just took an open port and put a choke over it, turning it into a combustion chamber rather than the outlet for a manifold. There are ways to counteract that with nitriding and other processes, but I personally don't use Adjustable Gas if I don't need it.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
