03-28-2017, 05:30 PM
85_Ranger4x4 Wrote:One barrel he had awhile ago he said what chamber reamer he used something like Pacific Tool or something like that. I looked it up and it wasn't the SAAMI chamber for that one.
It bothers some people more than others. Having Grendel I and II bolts and Grendel I and II chambers doesn't make it any simpler either.
That's the problem, it's a question of knowing what the product is. My preference is SAAMI, but there are a lot of people happy with their results from the Grendel II. I'd just like to be able to tell what chamber it is without playing 20 questions. Type II chamber doesn't mean anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 16" is the Anderson barrel with the Grendel I chamber. PTG offers all of the different variants of chamber reamers, along with the option for a custom design. There are plenty of other threads that address it, but PTG isn't a strong proponent of the SAAMI chamber.
At any rate, Sanders isn't making these barrels, they are simply an internet re-seller (and I'm not implying that there's anything wrong with that).

