I need help with resizing
#10
The annealing process if done correctly should/will not harm brass, the key is not to over temp the brass causing a chemical change. Multiple annealing's should have no ill effects... if not over temping. I only use automated equipment to maintain consistency and temperature. I have some 6mm x 45 cases with well over 40 reloadings/annealing. One reason people do this is to have a uniform neck tension. You can often feel the variations in neck "stiffness" in the form of resistance when seating bullets on cases with necks of varying degrees of hardness.. I would never anneal by hand as a single over temp would vaporize the zinc leaving only copper and ruin the case (by denaturing the brass).

http://www.6mmbr.com/annealing.html
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I need help with resizing - by llamaboy - 03-25-2017, 04:44 PM
I need help with resizing - by LR1955 - 03-25-2017, 05:37 PM
I need help with resizing - by llamaboy - 03-25-2017, 06:44 PM
I need help with resizing - by JASmith - 03-25-2017, 07:18 PM
I need help with resizing - by LR1955 - 03-25-2017, 07:46 PM
I need help with resizing - by 37L1 - 03-25-2017, 08:19 PM
I need help with resizing - by LR1955 - 03-25-2017, 09:14 PM
I need help with resizing - by Texas - 03-26-2017, 03:02 AM
I need help with resizing - by Sticks - 03-26-2017, 10:54 AM
I need help with resizing - by IceAxe - 03-26-2017, 11:02 PM
I need help with resizing - by CMoney - 04-30-2017, 05:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)