02-22-2017, 10:41 AM
LRRPF52 Wrote:We did some checking. Looks like it is the opposite in this case, I'm afraid.
While I was working today, I kept shaking my head. My first response was, "Some kid got a hold of mommy's PayPal account."
Nope. We're talking closer to retirement age.
I'm suspecting it's more of a scam, where the buyer hopes to keep the product, then sell it, after recouping their money from a PayPal dispute.
Shipping alone was about $50, and everything is as described. As a matter of fact, we went above and beyond and even included transparencies for the LPK diagram, taped to the inside lid.
My girls helped me assemble and fill all the boxes for fun, so we could get the order out ASAP. They are 5 and 3.
We're trying to teach them the value of honest business and how to take care of customers as best as you can.
On a more serious note I had my fingers burnt in a similar situation a while back on FleaBay. Some guy in Germany bought an IR laser module (clone) that I had. He gave the money and I sent him the item. He claims later he didn't get it and starts a Fleabay dispute. Fleabay decided in his favour because all I had was a receipt for a postal amount with no detail and no tracking. He got a refund via my bank account and I was left empty handed.
Was it a scam, I'll never know?

