02-15-2017, 05:09 PM
There's a reason I posted what I posted.
TBAC Ultra 5 (5" long): 7.6 ounces
Silencer Co Harvester: 11.0 ounces
YHM QD Ti: 15 ounces
Dead Air Sandman Ti: 16.6 ounces
YHM Phantom LT: 20 ounces
These numbers are from a 20" .308, which has way more muzzle blast and muzzle pressure than 6.5 Grendel. When I heard 20" 6.5 Grendel through the Ultra 5, it sounded like a rimfire.
![[Image: rifle-suppressor1.png]](http://2poqx8tjzgi65olp24je4x4n.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rifle-suppressor1.png)
For comparison with muzzle brakes, my Warped Titanium brake with 44 .250" ports and 8 longitudinal bores in it weighs 3.7 ounces.
My YHM QD Steel flash hider without thread protector weighs 4.2 ounces
An M16A1 birdcage flash hider weighs 2.0 ounces.
So you can have some of the most quiet levels of suppression, with a few ounces more than a common muzzle device, and only add 4.2" of length to your rifle with the TBAC Ultra 5, and have minimal POI shift-the best company in the industry when it comes to POI shift really.
There are many reasons why TBAC are the most popular suppressors used within the top 50 PRS shooters. http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/02/20...uppressor/
They will run you about $1025, compared to the bigger, heavier, louder suppressors, but I feel they are ideal for 6.5 Grendel.
I've shot and used a lot of different suppressors not only here in the US, but abroad, and the TBAC ones are what I compare everything to now, especially in the weight department.
TBAC Ultra 5 (5" long): 7.6 ounces
Silencer Co Harvester: 11.0 ounces
YHM QD Ti: 15 ounces
Dead Air Sandman Ti: 16.6 ounces
YHM Phantom LT: 20 ounces
These numbers are from a 20" .308, which has way more muzzle blast and muzzle pressure than 6.5 Grendel. When I heard 20" 6.5 Grendel through the Ultra 5, it sounded like a rimfire.
![[Image: rifle-suppressor1.png]](http://2poqx8tjzgi65olp24je4x4n.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rifle-suppressor1.png)
For comparison with muzzle brakes, my Warped Titanium brake with 44 .250" ports and 8 longitudinal bores in it weighs 3.7 ounces.
My YHM QD Steel flash hider without thread protector weighs 4.2 ounces
An M16A1 birdcage flash hider weighs 2.0 ounces.
So you can have some of the most quiet levels of suppression, with a few ounces more than a common muzzle device, and only add 4.2" of length to your rifle with the TBAC Ultra 5, and have minimal POI shift-the best company in the industry when it comes to POI shift really.
There are many reasons why TBAC are the most popular suppressors used within the top 50 PRS shooters. http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/02/20...uppressor/
They will run you about $1025, compared to the bigger, heavier, louder suppressors, but I feel they are ideal for 6.5 Grendel.
I've shot and used a lot of different suppressors not only here in the US, but abroad, and the TBAC ones are what I compare everything to now, especially in the weight department.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
