Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lapping scope rings?
#9
I read about it and bought the kit after many years of never doing it and have lapped over a dozen rifles.....
Does it make difference? To be honest, as long as you use quality rings I have not seen a difference but, I only shoot out to 500 yards these days.
Cheap rings you see a lot of play or lapping marks but, good quality rings not so much.

I still do it just to cover the bases and since I already got the Midway kit as a gift.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ― George Orwell
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lapping scope rings? - by 65Whelen - 02-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Lapping scope rings? - by A5BLASTER - 02-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Lapping scope rings? - by bigdaddyflo - 02-14-2017, 02:03 AM
Lapping scope rings? - by Rickc - 02-14-2017, 02:26 AM
Lapping scope rings? - by Sticks - 02-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Lapping scope rings? - by bigdaddyflo - 02-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Lapping scope rings? - by 65Whelen - 02-14-2017, 01:19 PM
Lapping scope rings? - by jpm98vmi - 02-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Lapping scope rings? - by mdewitt71 - 02-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Lapping scope rings? - by AZ. Old Guy - 02-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Lapping scope rings? - by bigdaddyflo - 02-14-2017, 08:11 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)