Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cutting down an anderson 6.5 grendel barrel
#1
I have a line on an anderson 6.5 barrel for a good price. Trying to decide if i would want to cut it down to say 12.5" for a pistol build or cut it to 14.5 with a pinned and welded fh. What port diameters would i need for the two lengths and what is the anderson diameter? I have almost enough spare parts to build the rifle so thats what i will likely do. Probably will be my 1 week old daughter's first deer rifle. I'm assuming that the 16" clgs is over gassed since my midlength AA was and needed a H2 Buffer to calm it down.

I have machinist buddies that'll do the work for a case of beer so the smith work is cheap enough. For hunting the gun will likely rarely see any shots over 100yrds in east texas so if the anderson barrel isn't the most accurate that's ok too.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Cutting down an anderson 6.5 grendel barrel - by worthen86ford - 01-24-2017, 03:19 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)