01-20-2017, 11:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 12:07 AM by sneaky one.)
Awesome job ROS ! Yes, these bullets need to have a lighter wt. version of each-- for the Grrrr. I have tried about half of the samples, at stock wt., and lighter wt's.
The impact speeds really help make the peel back shine, inside of 300 yds., that max range was my goal. It took a few years until some better powders became available to get the speeds I wanted.
80 grns.= 2975 fps, in a 16" tube.
Thinking of taking the plunge on my new Faxon 16" tube,,, by doing the Grr max- Lite version- for AR's instead of bolties..== 75 % of the bolt gun gains. That Von Gruff got.
I Just need to call Manson reamers.
My goal is 90 GMX @ 3000 in the 16" Faxon . This would make any 123 pills cup& core look marginal in a 20" tube., by a comparison.
The 130 TSX, cut down to 90 grns, is my second choice behind the lighter GMX's. 4 grooves, allow for a small amount of speed increases. Not a gilding metal, not as tuff as a GMX. Still very effective tho.
If in doubt of LFP's- check my Nov. hunting thread posting-- I got lucky last Saturday. That deer was HUGE. A 77 Gmx took him down, 26" of penetration.
Fist sized hole through the spinal coloumn. I hate the fact that I , & all of us probably had lead in our venison for years.
The impact speeds really help make the peel back shine, inside of 300 yds., that max range was my goal. It took a few years until some better powders became available to get the speeds I wanted.
80 grns.= 2975 fps, in a 16" tube.
Thinking of taking the plunge on my new Faxon 16" tube,,, by doing the Grr max- Lite version- for AR's instead of bolties..== 75 % of the bolt gun gains. That Von Gruff got.
I Just need to call Manson reamers.
My goal is 90 GMX @ 3000 in the 16" Faxon . This would make any 123 pills cup& core look marginal in a 20" tube., by a comparison.
The 130 TSX, cut down to 90 grns, is my second choice behind the lighter GMX's. 4 grooves, allow for a small amount of speed increases. Not a gilding metal, not as tuff as a GMX. Still very effective tho.
If in doubt of LFP's- check my Nov. hunting thread posting-- I got lucky last Saturday. That deer was HUGE. A 77 Gmx took him down, 26" of penetration.
Fist sized hole through the spinal coloumn. I hate the fact that I , & all of us probably had lead in our venison for years.

