Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ar performance
#7
molar Wrote:I have an 18" 6.5 ARP barrel and bolt. It has been finicky as to what load it likes, but when you find the right combo, it shoots lights out. I have shot several 1/2 MOA groups with AR Comp and the 123 AMAX, as well as 100 gr Nosler BT's with BLC-2 and H335. With factory Hornady 123 AMAX or SST's, it shoots about 1.5". I do find that ARP barrels are slightly faster than other barrels of the same length. I chrono'd the 123 AMAX at 2530 fps with 27.7 gr AR COMP. I went as high as 28.5 gr, but accuracy fell off.

Man that is nice velocity from that charge of AR comp and an 18" barrel. My 18" BHW barrel is averaging 2500 fps with 28.3 grains of AR comp and a 123 AMAX. Makes me want to grab one of these barrels and give it a try.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
ar performance - by edinidaho - 12-26-2016, 08:50 PM
ar performance - by Kilco - 12-26-2016, 08:56 PM
ar performance - by IceAxe - 12-27-2016, 04:05 AM
ar performance - by Lightning8 - 12-27-2016, 04:19 AM
ar performance - by diddlyv - 12-27-2016, 06:36 AM
ar performance - by molar - 01-01-2017, 10:01 PM
ar performance - by 1911man - 01-06-2017, 07:59 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)